5 Star Indian Recipes

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My weight loss journey - Puppy Fat to Perfect Ten!

I have always been a healthy girl. I was pampered with Momma's and granny's love and belonging to a family of food lovers I have just loved food.
As a child I was a pretty fine young girl, but as I reached puberty I began transforming into a overweight teenager. Everyone in the family adored those excess kilos as puppy fat and assured me that I should be worrying about studies and not my weight.. so be it! I gave into the assurance and kept telling myself that this was normal.

By the age of 18 I weighed 77 Kgs and was huge. In college that was summer of 2000, I entered a new life, where everything was exciting, new life, college, new friends, new crushes, new aspirations.. and I realised though being an intelligent gal, I was quite not happening.

Come what may be I wanted the best, after the results of our first semester were out I was declared the topper for the session and trust me it was first time people noticed me adored me and did not laugh me off as a bundle of excess fat.

I got to be part of a happening group, fashion conscious gals, handsome boys, slim sistas, dusky earthy eyes, fancy clothes, Mc Donalds, pubs, movies, parties and all the fun that I was looking forward to.

There came a determination that I could be better and wear all that makeup and clothes and look ravishing.

I started walking, I used to brisk walk for daily 2 hours it took me getting up at 5 AM in the morning, I started listening to my mommy's word of wisdom.

BTW, my mom is just too cool, shes never been out of shape, she is tall, beautiful and as far as I can remember when with her, people have always asked if I was her sister!!!

Started with habit of healthy eating - but giving away desire for canteen chowmein, samosas, Mc Donald's burger and colas was a big sin! and I could never commit it ;)

But my walking continued and I started with my tryst and love with lemon water which is till date my best weight loss and weight management secret.
Morning lemon honey water and lemon water during the day, fueled me. I started having smaller meals through the day, altered my daily binging habits with a treat day in the week.
With walking came yoga.. as I used to walk around the huge Sanjay Park lanes.. I used to see array of people doing yoga.. so I joined too..Pranayams to asanas.. it was all working.

Beating Delhi summers, with lemon water and lots of fruits was becoming my idea of life and it was showing results too.

So the fat chicken in first year was slim by third year. I was complimented, people were amazed, questioned me, asked me if I had joined VLCC or any other slimming centre a rage in those years.
I smiled and all I said was it was nothing but pure will and walk.

That was a memorable time of my life.

But the story is yet not over.. the interesting part is yet to begin.. will sure continue on this soon..

Love

Adi

No comments:

Post a Comment