5 Star Indian Recipes

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Eating Healthy - Diet Poha

Diet Poha is my favourite dish, I learnt it from my lovely lil sisters Megha and Deepika.

Ingredients:

I am not giving any approximation of quantity as it can be well determined by the people you are cooking it for and the taste bud levels ;)

Poha ( Beaten rice)

Onions - chopped fine
Green chillies - chopped fine
Tomatoes - seeded and chopped fine
Cucumber - chopped fine
Olives - chopped fine
Potatoes (optional) - boiled and mashed
Peanuts - roasted
Lemon Juice
Green Coriander
Curry leaves
Mustard
Salt
Oil - ` 1tbs

Preparations:

Wash Poha thoroughly, drain excess water and keep aside. I use a strainer to wash Poha in, and then let it drain over the strainer.

Add all the vegetables in a bowl, add poha and mix well, ensure that the Poha has drained well. In 1 tbs oil temper mustard seeds, curry leaves and peanuts, and pour over the mixture, add salt mix well. Garnish with coriander and green chillies. Add lemon juice to taste.

Trust me this is as yummy and as healthy a dish that can appeal to y our taste buds.

No comments:

Post a Comment