5 Star Indian Recipes

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Healthy Eating - Curd with Oatmeal and Vegetables :)

Oatmeal is a fantastic food. It is full of fiber and is the best friend of our digestive system. However I had my own experiences while adjusting with the taste of it and gradually becoming an ardent oatmeal lover.

The first time I tried making Oatmeal.. it was a big mess.. I poured in 3 tbs of rolled oats in skimmed milk and boiled the mixture for about 5 mins, garnished it with a few dry fruits and tried my best to eat that.. I almost puked ...and threw it away.. determined never to touch it again.. then one day in office my friend Ranjini bought an interesting porridge for lunch.. it was yummy and tasted divine.

When I asked her what that was she told me it was Oatmeal with vegetables!!! No way!! I screamed.. how the hell it tastes so nice and divine?? She gave me a simple recipe for that -

Ingredients:

Rolled Oats -  3-4 Tbs
Onions
Green Chillies
Carrots
Peas
Spinach
Tomatoes
French Beans
Lemon
Coriander
Cumin seeds
1/2 tbs oil/ ghee
Salt

Preparation:

Blanch all the vegetables and keep aside.

Cook oatmeal in 1 cup of water till tender and creamy. Add blanched vegetables and salt to taste, mix well.
 Let this simmer for 2-3 mins and take off the stove.

Heat 1/2 tbs oil/ ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds, let it crackle well and then pour over the oats and veggie mix.

Add lemon to taste and garnish with green coriander.

Have this with curd and enjoy the rich and wholesome oats :)

No comments:

Post a Comment